Low Carb Eating - June 9, 2019
I tried a couple of new recipes this week and thought I'd share them with you. Maybe I'm becoming a lifestyle blogger?!
Keto Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding
I have no idea why I thought that I should try such a thing, but I searched out a few recipes and finally ended up making my own. Here it is:
1 14.5oz. can full fat coconut milk
2 Tbsp cream, 1/2 and 1/2, or more coconut milk (optional)
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup granulated erythritol
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chia seeds
Whisk together the coconut milk, (cream or 1/2 and 1/2 if using), cocoa, erythritol, and vanilla in a bowl. Give it a taste and see if you need more cocoa or erythritol. Now add the chia seeds. Stir well. Divide equally among six or eight serving containers. Let sit overnight in fridge. Enjoy.
1. These are very filling. They could make six or eight servings, but I am going with eight because the chia seeds are so bulky.
2. You can get away with just the can of coconut milk and no other liquid, but I like the texture with a couple of extra tablespoons of whatever is in the fridge.
3. Use whatever sweetener you like. Erythritol is my go-to at the moment.
4. You're welcome.
Yes, really. There is a legit recipe for pancakes that are keto-friendly and only take four ingredients. But, no pictures because Patrick and I ate them too quickly. Sorry. Things to know about this recipe:
1. I mixed everything up in the blender and it worked well.
2. Except that I didn't soften the cream cheese enough, so there was still a bit down around the blade at the end. Soften your cream cheese, people!
3. Cook in ghee instead of butter so you don't over-brown the pancakes. Then eat them with lots of butter.
That's it for this (wildly variable) installment of Low Carb Eating on my newly christened lifestyle blog! Because you all really want in on this lifestyle! Enjoy!