Ya'll, I'm worried. I'm anxious. This week just has me all worked up. Besides the fact that I keep trying to hack up a lung because I've got acute bronchitis, the events in the world and in my life are just overwhelming.
* My mom and dad both have acute bronchitis and are sicker than I am. And older than I am. Just in case you were wondering.
*The President was acquitted by the Senate of both charges on which he was impeached, despite the fact that numerous Senate Republicans admitted that he was guilty.
* Rush Limbaugh got the Congressional Medal of Freedom. I just can't anymore.
* The President gave a terrible speech at the National Prayer Breakfast and accused Nancy Pelosi of not praying for him.
* The President gave an even worse speech after the National Prayer Breakfast and blamed everyone else for the impeachment.
* Why do we even have a National Prayer Breakfast?
* Several people who testified during the impeachment lost their jobs on Friday despite previous assurances that there would be no retaliation.
* The nCov2019-Coronavirus is making it's way quickly around the globe.
So, I'm a bit stressed. And then I read Matthew 6:28-34
"“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Jesus isn't telling us that everything is going to be perfect. After all, flowers sometimes get trampled or sometimes don't have the right conditions to grow. God is letting the hard things happen. He may not be happy with Donald Trump, and Trump is going to answer for his actions. God still knows what's happening with the rest of us and he's making it fit into his plan.
I know that I can rest in God's love because I am walking with Jesus and that's a great comfort to me when the world feels like it's falling apart. And I'm going to meditate, which also helps.