Lagniappe Links April 3, 2018
I thought I'd post a few interesting links with commentary here every week or so. After collecting links for about five days, I have enough to keep you reading till next Easter!! I'll pare them down to the most interesting.
* A Texan who had served time in prison for tax fraud tried to vote, not realizing that she had lost her right to vote as a felon. Now, because of her mistake, she is facing five years in prison.
* Learning to spot fake news from an expert. Read this before you forward that next news bit or meme.
* Washington Post staffers didn't recognize a familiar Old Testament reference in a speech from Benjamin Netanyahu, causing great embarrassment, and reminding us of the importance of knowing the great works of the Western Canon, including and specifically, the Bible!
* One reason it's so hard to deal with mass shootings: We can't always figure out a motive.
* Frightening. This Nuclear Weapons Simulator will show you the estimated destruction of various types of atomic bombs in or over your city.
* A new theory on the historicity of the Exodus.
* Many Democrats are Christians.
* The world's largest dinosaur track was just found in Scotland. It was a plant-eating sauropod.
* 2 John was written to the leader of a house church, a woman, "the elect lady."
* Our president and his friends have been using his presidential term as a money-making opportunity, in clear violation of the Constitution.
Feel free to comment on anything you find interesting or add your own links. The internet is a big place!!